Friday, July 31, 2009

excuses

Okay, so I didn’t post yesterday and frankly the last two days I haven’t been keeping up with my ‘something theatrical everyday pledge’ but I have a descent excuse for yesterday:

I was planning on posting yesterday evening, but I got an invitation from a friend to go see Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Movie with a View. So I went. I wasn't about to pass up the chance to see a classic film on a big screen in one of the most beautiful man-made sites in the world so I could do internet research and write self-deprecating jokes. it really was gorgeous, the park is in between the Manhattan and Brooklyn bridges in Dumbo and you can see Manhattan across the water, when the sun went down and the movie started it was impossibly quiet. The combination of being surrounded by strangers, seeing the lights of the city and the bridges and their reflections, and feeling the hush of the crowd seemed a little magical.

Today I did some theater related stuff via e-mail but it seems mundane so I don't feel the need to talk about in in anymore detail. I also finished Anne Lamott's Bird by Bird, which is a novelist and writing teacher's account of the writer's process. I found it to be friendly and relatable in most respects but frightening inconsistent with my own experience in a few perdictable places. (frightening in that they don't bode well for me and perdictible in that I've heard them all before).

No comments:

Post a Comment