Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yesterday's News

I wrote this yesterday, my internet was down in the evening:

Today was research. Researching fellowships, Researching writers groups, Doing the footwork necessary for my next two applications. Checking backstagejobs.com and playbill.com for money-work (not much money but something and something in theater). I think I’m going to put in resumes to a couple of places with on and off costume and stagehand work. I can sew, I can lift things, I can hang lights, dress actors and run light and sound boards, even if I can’t program them: I have skills: I’m not unemployable. I think maybe I have a shot with these, they’re the kind of places that put you on file and don’t call until they want you.

God, it sounds like prostitution.

No comments:

Post a Comment